1. Do they use the correct four line heading?
- Does it say Dr. Davis?
- Do they give the class and the class period (ex: English 1301- 10)?
- Is the due date (today’s) the last line?
- Is it on the left?
2. Do all the pages after page 1 have their last name and the page number on the top of the right hand side?
3. Is it double spaced?
4. Does it have at least three body paragraphs? Is each paragraph on a separate aspect of the topic and does it include compare or contrast for each thing being compared? For example, is the paragraph on the differences between Luke Skywalker and Captain James T. Kirt and does it refer to both Skywalker’s portrayal of a hero and Kirk’s?
5. Does the introductory paragraph introduce the topic and is the last sentence of that paragraph the thesis?
6. Does the body of the paper deal with
- Comparisons only?
- Contrasts only?
7. Are the paragraphs on a single, unified topic?
8. Which sentence or paragraph left you confused?
9. What are the strengths of the paper? Name two.
10. What are the weaknesses of the paper? Name two.