Tuition to Pay. Cupcakes for sale.

2861106523_f385daf36b.jpg

Being an art/graphic design major, people are always asking, “So what do you want to do with that?” For the longest time I have had no clue what I wanted to do with my life, and I even now sometimes question if I even am in the right program. I’ve always loved shows about baking like Cupcake Wars, Ace of Cakes, and DC Cupcakes, and I’ve always been fascinated by the creativity  of not only of the design of the frosting or the fondant, but the uniqueness of the flavors. I was watching one of these shows one night, and it hit me: Not only are these people bakers, they’re also artists. I have always had a inkling towards art, but I don’t really know where I get it from. I’ve always considered myself somewhat differentiated from the rest of my family, so while they learn business, and psychology, I’m going to be an artist. I am going to be a cupcake artist.

This entry was posted in Writing: Students. Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to Tuition to Pay. Cupcakes for sale.

1. larwi9 says:

Cupcake Wars… such a good show. It’s funny how we have these gifts sometimes that we never know how to put to use, at least in a way that will be self-supporting, etc. And a lot of times people throw these dreams and gifts away because they don’t follow the mainstream ideals of what a ‘grown up’ should do.
    You bake your cupcakes, and bake them with all your heart.

2. marandanajar1 says:

I love this! Like you, I have always enjoyed shows like that and I have such respect for what they do. It is an amazing talent to have, and I am so happy you are pursuing what you love.

3. StephenSimmonds1 says:

This is such a good look on things, and it’s great that you know what you want to do and something such as specific as that. Personally I have no idea what I want to do yet but it’s refreshing to know that some people already have their specific profession picked out.

4. ajs11b says:

I think that’s really cool personally. I really wish I could just stumble on what it is I want to do from here. It seems as though you’ve come to something that both you would want to do and that you could be successful at.

5. Alli Terry 1 says:

Your story made me smile! I understand your stress in the doubt of being in the right field of study, I have questioned my major too, and have already changed it once. You sound like a really unique, clever person, I am sure you will succeed in any field, even cupcake creating!

6. Nate G.9 says:

Being a music major I completely understand where you’re coming from. My entire family is business oriented, and my parents just can’t understand my love for the performing arts. I have also questioned my major based on their thoughts about mine, but it is my life, and not theirs. I’m going into music, and that’s that.

7. Dr. Davis says:

I’ve had several students who have followed similar paths to a career.