Closed Doors Can’t Keep Me Out

“When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us.” – Helen Keller

I love this picture (and the quote that goes along with it) because it reminds me that often God HAS opened another door for me. If I fail to see the opportunity set before me, it is not because my life has no purpose, it is because I have chosen not to see it; either by focusing on the negative, or by dwelling in the past.

This entry was posted in General information, Writing: Students. Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to Closed Doors Can’t Keep Me Out

1. Landon1 says:

Dwelling in the past is truly a dangerous thing to do. One can definitely miss out on a lot of opportunities when once focuses on the past. The best thing to do is to stay in the present. That’s the only thing that can truly change.

2. RenaeT930 says:

I love that quote! My senior english teacher had this is her room and everyday I would read it. The way I see it, God closes doors to open up a better one. If those doors didn’t close, we would never have that opportunity to be brought to God’s greater plan or better door.

3. Garrett3 says:

That is a great quote. Sometimes I feel overwhelmed by all of the doors that I have the option of choosing like the girl in the picture. Putting trust in God to guide me to the right door has been a struggle but I think it’s working.

4. JoeyPrince3 says:

I like the idea of finding the open door, but I often find myself so consumed in finding it that I lose sight on what I actually need to focus on, the room. As people we become so consumed in getting to the next step on the latter that we forget to stop and see how high we’ve gotten. If you don’t know where you’ve been you will get lost, and there is nothing more frustrating then realizing that you’re going in circles. So stop and have a look around every once in a while, because you will see something great that God has done.

5. Alli Terry 1 says:

That’s an insightful quote, I actually just wrote in down in my spiral. Sometimes it’s easy, at least for myself, to overlook the door or doors opened for us due to the attachment we placed on the door we are not meant to open.

6. Hunter says:

I really like this illustration and concept. I know that in my life God has never failed to open another door after he closes the one that I thought was the door for me. It is encouraging to know that God will always open up a door after one closes.