Read the draft at a normal speed from beginning to end. As you read, do the following:
- Place a wavy line under any passages that seem confusing, don’t seem to fit, or slow down your reading.
- Place a star next to any passages where you think the writing is particularly strong or interesting.
Read the draft again slowly and answer the following questions with a brief explanation of your answer. You may write on the back of their papers.
- How does the writer draw the reader in with the introduction? How could it be more effective?
- What criteria does the writer use for evaluating their commercial? How could the write establish or defend these criteria more clearly or persuasively?
- What evidence does the writer present to show that the commercial meets or fails to meet each criterion?
- How could the writer more effectively bring closure to the argument the writer is making about the quality of the commercial based on their criteria?
- Were you persuaded by the writer’s argument? Why or why not?